HOME > About KOPRI > Vision & Mission
· World’s Center in Polar Research
- To undertake a world-class programme of scientific research,
survey and long term observations addressing key issues of global or fundamental importance that require access to the
Arctic/Antarctic or related regions.
- To sustain for the Korea an active and influential regional presence and a leadership role in the polar affairs.
- To maintain an integrated, well-managed national capability to support the overall national science strategy,
to exploit research outcomes, and to raise public awareness worldwide.
- To assist in the discharge of the Korean international responsibilities under the
Antarctic Treaty System and with the administration of the KOPRI.
- To provide reliable and independent advice to the Korean government and other stakeholders,
contributing to the effectiveness of Korean public services and policy.
- To provide reliable a focus for national and international cooperation, and for coordination of major research programs, especially those addressing
complex scientific problems or requiring significant technology or infrastructure.